There are several cases in which logging in might fail.
- reCAPTCHA not loading
Please clear your Internet cache, refresh the website, and try again. If this does not work, you might need to use a different browser.
- "Confirm New IP Address" email not arriving
Please check your email settings/filters if quoine.com emails can be received by your email service. If just one email was marked as spam before, the whole domain can be blocked.
- 2-factor authentication token not populated*
This error message means that 2-factor authentication has not been set up for your account yet (see Account Registration for more details). In this case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Support team will require the following in order to set up 2FA for your Quoinex account:
- ID selfie (a selfie of you holding your national ID or international passport): this is for identity verification. Without it, we will never know if it was indeed you who were trying to log in, or an unauthorized third party.
- Your phone number in +(country code)-(phone number) format.
Once Support team verifies your identity, tech team will use your phone number to set up 2FA for your account. The setup will take 1 working day to complete.
- 2-factor authentication token expired
If your first attempt at the token is said to have expired, please wait about 15 minutes before trying again. If you try too quickly too many times, the 2FA server will perceive your attempts as spam and freeze your 2FA account.
- 2-factor authentication token is invalid*
This case happens most often when the 2FA account is from Google Authenticator but the token is generated by Authy, and vice versa. In this case, please contact email@example.com to find out which app your Quoinex account is registering to, and update accordingly.
*From August 11th 2017, Google Authenticator is the only 2FA app for Quoinex. For more details, see this article.