Remember when we asked you to save a copy of your first Google Authenticator QR code in case of emergencies? This is the case of emergencies.
Quoinex uses Google Authenticator for its 2FA setting for all user accounts. When you change your device, to move the app to the new device and keep access of your Quoinex account, you will need to do the following:
- Install Google Authencator to your new device and sign in.
- Go to Google's two-step verification website using your computer. You may need to log in to your Google account.
- See the Authentication section. You will be asked if you want to change your phone or remove Authenticator setting from your account.
- Select the type of device you are moving to.
- Use Google Authenticator on your new phone to scan the original QR code of your QUOINEX account.
If you have other apps that are not Quoinex also attached to Google Authenticator on your old device, you will need to visit them and reactivate their setting with the new device, before removing Google Authenticator from your old device.