For traders who don't want to buy/sell crypto at the current price, QUOINE also offers limit orders.
A limit order is an order to buy a security at no more than a specific price, or to sell a security at no less than a specific price (called "or better" for either direction). This gives the trader (customer) control over the price at which the trade is executed; however, the order may never be executed ("filled"). Limit orders are used when the trader wishes to control price rather than certainty of execution.
- In Spot Trading dashboard, Order panel, click Limit.
- Enter the total quantity of cryptocurrency that you want to buy/sell (spot trading) or trade (margin trading).
- Enter the disclosed quantity of the order. This is the quantity that will be shown on price ladder. When the current disclosed quantity is filled, system will open a new trade with the same disclosed quantity, until the total quantity of the order has been filled.
- Enter the limit price. For limit orders, your limit price must be lower than current price if you are buying, and higher if you are selling.
- Click Buy or Sell to place the order.
After step 3, your order will remain live until the whole quantity is filled.